This section explains how we ensure that our website is usable and accessible to all users. The website follows the Cabinet Office's guidelines for UK government websites. This includes meeting or surpassing the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, level AA (double A standard).
We are constantly reviewing our content and the way in which it is presented to ensure that this site remains accessible for all visitors. Whilst every effort is made to ensure maximum accessibility, we acknowledge that occasionally there may be content which does not meet our desired level of accessibility; if you happen across this content, please notify [email protected] with details of the page you experienced issues with, and we will endeavour to resolve them as soon as possible.
This accessibility statement applies only to this website. It does not cover:
- other websites operated by or for the NHS or the Department of Health (e.g. Clinical Commissioning Groups [CCGs] or Public Health England)
- other government, agency or partner websites
- any other site that we link to from this website
Supported assistive software
This website currently employs "SpeakIT PLUS" as a service that makes our web pages (on the public-facing side of our website) speak and lets visitors listen to the content. You can enable this feature by clicking on the "Listen to website" link at the top of the page.
SpeakIT PLUS Cookies
Inline with latest legislation, this software uses the following cookies:
- "JSESSIONID" - This cookie contains a session identifier (a numeric value) and is necessary for the service to work. The cookie is deleted when you close your browser window/tab for our site.
- "insipio.generator.functions" - This cookie is only set if/when a user changes the settings to differ from the defaults provided. This cookie contains a number representing the the visitor's settings, for example, reading speed. This cookie expires (and is deleted from your system) after 30 days.
NB: None of these two cookies contain any personal data and they are not used to register which websites the user visits.
Website translation software
Please note that as this service is automated, we cannot make guarantees as to the accuracy of the translation provided. If you require assistance translating any of the material on our site (e.g. leaflets, newsletters, documents), please contact our Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS).